AVUE AvueEtch- 37% wt Phosphoric Acid Gel
Subcribe to back in stock notification
AvueEtchBlue tinted viscous gel/ liquid of 37% phosphoric for etching techniques.
- Used for conditioning both dental enamel and dentine surfaces prior to the placement of an adhesive restoration
- After any cutting of the tooth surface a smear layer is formed. This layer contains the basic components of the enamel, inter- and peritubular dentin, including dentin tubules’ content, mixed with water, microorganisms, toxins, enzymes, saliva. This layer may vary in composition, thickness, density and degree of binding to the underlying tooth structure, depending on the location of the preparation . When a preparation of the dentin surface is performed, the dentin tubules are cut and therefore obscured by small plugs of this layer, which will lead to reduction of dentin permeability .
- The smear layer can‘t be removed by washing with water, but it is subject to dissolution in a total etching
- The etching of the dentin lead to significant changes in the dentin structure.The rate of adhesives infiltration in the demineralized dentin gradually reduces in the direction towards the base of the hybrid layer
Dissolution of the smear layer
The etching of the dentin surface even for a short time can lead to significant changes in the dentin structure. It must be efficient, not extensive . In extensive demineralization of the intertubular dentin the collagen fibers will collapse and the calcium phosphate crystals will precipitate and therefore a protective layer that may not be completely impregnated by the adhesive primer and monomer could be formed.
37% promotes strong bonding
37% wt phosphoric acid etchant for enamel and dentin. Easily controlled gel flows under direction, not under gravity.
37% wt phosphoric acid
30 to 40% wt phosphoric acid optimally etches in 15 to 20 seconds. Lower concentrations require longer contact time, unnecessarily delaying procedures.
Thixotropic gel-Nonslump consistency
Non-slump gel offers precise placement around the specific area where we need to do the light cure restoration
Blue tint gel
High visibility for precise placement, even in the inaccessible areas of the oral cavity like distal surfaces of maxillary tooth
In conjunction with all:
b. dentin and glass ionomer liner for 20 seconds
1. Isolate tooth. Prepare cavity.
2. Clean the surface to be etched using a non-fluoridated, oil-free prophylaxis paste, or a pumice and water slurry.
3. Rinse thoroughly with water.
4. Thoroughly dry the surface to be etched with dry, oil-free air.
Note: on first usage, or after prolonged storage, extrude a small amount onto a mixing pad for familiarity with the etchant’s viscosity and rate of extrusion.
6. Leave on
a. enamel for at least 30 seconds.
b. dentin for 20 seconds
7. Rinse well with water for 5-10 seconds.
8. Remove excess water.
9. Apply bonding agent, according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Store at cool and dry place
1. Etches in 15 to 20 seconds
2. Blue tint gel
3. Total Etch
4. Thixotropic gel