Bioclear Anterior Matrix – Diastema Closure Series
Subcribe to back in stock notification
Original Anterior Matrix – DC Series
The Diastema Closure matrices are for creating new and exaggerated emergence profiles, closing diastema larger than 1mm and for large black triangles. The Diastema Closure matrices have more curvature than the Anterior matrices. Combining papilla regeneration with space closure is the key to optimal diastema closure.
The Bioclear Matrix’s anatomic shape allows for predictable restoration or change of a tooth’s emergence profile. If there is a good contact, the matrix is easily used wedge free. When placed into the sulcus, the matrix is stabilized and marginally sealed by the papilla. If there is not a contact, then a staged wedging (or delayed wedging) technique will need to be used.
Bioclear’s anatomically shaped matrices allow for injection/placement of composite into the embrasure without fear of leaving an overhanging margin. The Bioclear Matrix leaves the interproximal composite smooth and properly contoured
2. DC 202 - For distal diastema closure up to 1mm
3. DC 203 - For space closure on lower incisors up to 1mm
4. DC 204 - For diastema closure on spaces larger than 2mm
Film Thickness - 50 µ
Use the TruConact sander before matrix placement to lighten the contact between teeth where the matrix is to be placed.
• If you are placing the matrix on one tooth surface, use the orange sander.
• If you are placing two matrices in one contact, use the red sander.
• Use the blue saw after curing the composite to clean up any unwanted materials in the interproximal area to avoid “false contact.”
TRIMMING THE MATRIX
In young patients with healthy bone, a notch will need to be trimmed from the gingival edge of the matrix. The notch height will correlate with the papilla height. Use Bioclear Matrix Sculpting Scissors (ID# 500071) to trim papilla notch.
PLACING THE MATRIX
Pinch the matrix between your thumb and index finger to drive the matrix apically deep into the sulcus. If the matrix will not slide into place, remove the matrix and re-sand the contact area with the TruConact sander.
Store at cool and dry place
1. Made from 50 µ film
2. Anatomic shape
3. Flexible but strong
4. Focus on cervical half of tooth
5. Customizable contours
6. Anterior and posterior shapes