SDI RivaStar Aqua - Two step patented 38% aqueous SDF system
Subcribe to back in stock notification
NEXT GENERATION SDF: RIVA STAR AQUA
SDI continues to innovate SDF solutions by releasing Riva Star Aqua, a next generation water based silver fluoride solution that is also effective in arresting carious lesions as an SDF solution7, with additional patient benefits.
Similar to Riva Star (SDF), Riva Star Aqua (AgF) is also a non-invasive 2 step patented system used to desensitise tooth pain in a few drops. Riva Star Aqua is an aqueous silver fluoride solution without the Ammonia base.
HOW DOES SDF WORK?
AS CARIES INHIBITOR
SDF + KI provides the following three active components to caries affected sites :
SDF treatment is quicker and easier compared to invasive treatment methods.
SDF treatment delivers Minimal Intervention Dentistry that adopts the philosophy
of integrating prevention, remineralisation and less invasive procedures.
SILVER ------Silver compounds are used as an anti microbial agent in dentistry for more than a century.
FLUORIDE ------Works as a bacteriostatic effect to prevent the further demineralisation of tooth structure.
IODIDE -----------Potassium Iodide used in conjunction with SDF provides a powerful
antimicrobial effect as well as reducing potential staining of teeth.
WHY SDF USE IS GROWING AROUND THE WORLD
SDF has a proven clinical history of arresting caries and treating dentine hypersensitivity for over 50 years. Studies continue to confirm that a 38% SDF solution1 can arrest dental
caries by minimising the loss of minerals and collagen destruction. Furthermore, the high concentration of silver and fluoride ions inhibits the growth of cariogenic biofilms.
» Both AgF (Riva Star Aqua) and SDF (Riva Star) can effectively arrest carious lesions on primary teeth.«
Source : Turton B, Horn R, Durward C. Caries arrest and lesion appearance using two different silver
Active ingredients RIVASTAR
Step 1 :
Silver / Fluoride / Ammonia
Step 2 :
Active ingredients RIVASTAR AQUA
Step 1 :
Silver / Fluoride / Water
Step 2 :
1 CLINICAL MATCH TO SDF
Clinical studies have shown that Riva Star Aqua’s 38% Silver Fluoride (AgF) is also effective in arresting carious lesions as Riva Star SDF solution containing 38% Silver Fluoride.
2 IMMEDIATE SENSITIVITY RELIEF
The silver fluoride and potassium iodide in Riva Star Aqua blocks the microscopic tubules that make up dentine. A low-solubility precipitate is formed that gives instant relief.
3 REDUCE STAINING
Just like Riva Star, Riva Star Aqua includes a Potassium Iodide (KI) Step 2 solution, for significantly reducing unsightly black stains.
4 TWO YEARS DESENSITISING EFFECT
A clinical study supports the immediate effect after one application with Riva Star, desensitisation lasts for 2 years.
5 EFFECTIVE BIOFILM INHIBITOR Studies support that Riva Star is an effective Biofilm inhibitor. Riva Star has a higher inhibition zone against four bacterial species compared to sodium hypochlorite.
6 NO TISSUE BURN RISK
Riva Star Aqua is water based and ammonia free. This reduces soft tissue irritation and eliminates odours while improving storage stability.
7 NO GINGIVAL BARRIER REQUIRED
With no ammonia present, Riva Star Aqua can be safely used without a gingival barrier as soft tissue irritation is significantly reduced. Treatment time is quicker and more comfortable on patients.
8 IMPROVED SMELL
The ammonia free solution tastes and smells better, leading to happier, more compliant patients.
CLINICAL STUDY EXAMPLES
• The use of silver diamine fluoride (SDF)in dental practice, 2020. N. Sefio, M. Robertson, J. MacLean, K. Blain, S. Grosse, R. Milne, C. Seeballuck and N. Innes.
• Clinical summary : Uses of Silver Diammine Fluoride(SDF) - Ngo Hien
• Use of Silver Diamine Fluoride for dental caries management in children and adolescents, including those with special health care needs : 2017 – American Academy of Paediatric Dentistry
2. Assess condition of teeth. Only teeth with sound dentine and enamel should be treated.
3. Isolate area to be treated using cotton rolls.
4. Protect any exposed gingival tissues and lips with petroleum jelly/cocoa butter taking care not to contaminate treatment site.
5. Before opening cap, tap the bottom of the bottle on a hard surface to minimize the liquid coming out of the dropper tip.
6. Riva Star Aqua Step 1: Dispense one (1) drop of solution (blue label) onto non-absorbent mixing pad.
7. Carefully apply solution to treatment site only, a medium sized micro brush, such as Points (SDI Limited) is recommended.
8. Riva Star Step 2: Immediately after, dispense two (2) drops of solution (green label) onto fresh non-absorbent mixing pad.
9. Apply a generous amount of the solution to treatment site, a medium sized micro brush, such as Points (SDI Limited) is recommended. Apply same solution to any other tooth surfaces that may have come into contact with the solution from Riva Star Aqua
Step 1 (blue label). Note: Treatment surface initially appears creamy white, keep applying Riva Star Step 2 solution (green label) until it turns clear.
10. Blot dry.
11.Remove all protective/isolation materials used in the mouth.
12.Discard used mixing pads and brushes in accordance with local regulations.
• One (1) drop of Riva Star Aqua Step 1 and two (2) drops of Riva Star Step 2 can treat up to 5 teeth per patient.
• Limit of one (1) drop of Riva Star Aqua Step 1 and two (2) drops of Riva Star Step 2 drops per visit. If needed a second application of Riva Star Aqua may be administered after 1 week
Cool and dry Place
1. New water based 38% SDF system for arresting caries
2. Effective biofilm inhibitorr
3. Two years Desensitizing effect
4. 2-step patented procedure: Reduces staining
5. Ammonia free: less risk of tissue irritation
6. No need of gingival barrier: Non invasive