SDI Riva Silver - Silver Reinforced Glass Ionomer Cement
Subcribe to back in stock notification
Riva Silver - Mercury free, fluoride releasing, silver restorative Material
When you need a tough and strong core build up material or occlusal restoration, Riva Silver is your answer. Riva Silver is an excellent core build up material and at the same time, it is a great restorative. Riva Silver is the ideal restorative in situations where patient compliance and moisture control are difficult. Riva Silver is extremely easy and quick to use. When all else fails, Riva Silver could be your solution.
Proprietary ionglassTM technology
Riva Silver utilises SDI’s proprietary ionglass™ filler developed by our glass technologists. ionglass™ is a radiopaque, high ion releasing, reactive glass used in SDI’s range of dental cements. Riva Silver releases substantially higher fluoride to assist with remineralisation of the natural dentition.
The light grey colour of Riva Silver requires minimal masking when used under aesthetic restorations.
Riva Silver’s condensable nature allows the operator to quickly and easily place the restoration. Riva Silver can be packed using an amalgam condenser.
Perfect for non-compliant patients
Riva Silver is the ideal restorative in situations where patient compliance and moisture control are difficult. Riva Silver is extremely easy and quick to use.
Great for core buildups
Riva Silver is an excellent material for core buildups. Its high early compressive and bond strength properties ensure favourable core buildup conditions
High early strength
Riva Silver’s high compressive strength minimises the risk of fracture in the critical early stages after the restoration has been placed.
The addition of metal particles into the cement substantially increases radiopacity. Riva Silver is easily differentiated on radiographs from that of tooth structure allowing easy diagnosis of early lesions
High fluoride release
Riva Silver’s free movement of fluoride provides benefits to surrounding and adjacent tooth surfaces. Fluoride is held within the glass matrix without being bound by the structure. If the level outside the matrix is lower, then fluoride ions are released.
Conversely, if the fluoride level is higher (eg. from topical fluoride) then fluoride will recharge the glass ionomer matrix. Riva Silver has the ability to be recharged with fluoride from external sources, providing long term protection against recurrent carries. Riva Silver is great for treating high caries-risk patients as part of an overall treatment plan for maximum care.
No additional mixing step
The benefits of using Riva Silver capsules are obvious. However, if using the powder / liquid system, no separate adding and mixing of alloy into the powder is required. The alloy component of Riva Silver is pre-mixed into the powder bottle.
2. Deciduous teeth restorations
3. Geriatric restorations
4. Intermediate restorative and base material for class I and II cavities using the sandwich technique
5. Class V restorations restorations in non-aesthetic situations
6. Core build ups
7. Temporary fillings
8. Restorations where radiopacity is desirable
9. Restorative in the field using theART technique
10 Temporary endodontic fillings
Mixing time (min, sec.) - 10 seconds
Working time (min. sec.) - 1’30’’
Initial setting time (min, sec) - 5’30”
Finishing time @ 37ºC from start of mixing - 6’00”
Minimum delivery/capsule -0.15mL
Note: At 23ºC/74ºF working time will be about 90 seconds (1’30’’) from the start of mixing. In situations above this temperature, working times will shorten.
Adhesion strength will decrease if material is manipulated after this time.
A. CAVITY PREPARATION:
1. Clean and isolate tooth.
Note: A conservative cavity should be prepared, employing standard techniques and instruments. Undercuts are not necessary.
2. In cases where pulp protection is necessary, use a calcium hydroxide liner.
B. CONDITIONING / ETCHING:
1. Apply Riva Conditioner to the prepared surfaces and leave in cavity for 10 seconds. OR Apply Super Etch 37% Phosphoric Acid to the prepared surfaces and leave in cavity for 5 seconds.
2. Rinse thoroughly with water.
3. Remove excess water. Keep moist. Avoid contamination.
IMPORTANT: Be careful not to completely dry the surface. Surface should be glistening.
C. MIXING AND PLACING CAPSULE SYSTEM
1. Activate the capsule by pushing the plunger until it is flush with the body.
Important: Do not click with applicator before you mix.
2. Immediately place the capsule into the Ultramat 2 amalgamator, or any other suitable mixer, and triturate for 10 seconds.
3. Immediately remove the capsule and place into the Riva applicator.
4. Click the trigger of the Riva applicator until glass ionomer paste is seen through the clear nozzle.
5. Fill Riva Silver into the cavity, being careful not to trap air under the restoration.
6. Immediately apply Riva Coat to all exposed surfaces of restoration.
7. Light cure for 10 seconds.
8. At least 6 minutes after the start of trituration, finish the restoration using standard techniques.
9. Apply another layer of Riva Coat.
10. Light cure for 10 seconds.
11. Instruct patient not to eat for at least one hour after procedure
POWDER / LIQUID SYSTEM
MIXING OF LIQUID AND POWDER:
Powder-liquid dosage: 1 flat scoop to 1 drop Powder-liquid ratio: 0.300g/0.043g (7:1) Recommended mixing time: 30 secs
1. Gently tap Riva Silver powder bottle on the hand.
2. Dispense one level measure of powder onto the mixing pad/ glass slab. Replace cap tightly.
3. Dispense one drop of Riva Silver onto the mixing pad/glass slab next to the powder. Replace cap tightly.
4. Divide the powder into two equal parts.
5. Mix the liquid with one part of the powder for 10 seconds using a plastic spatula, then include the second part and mix for another 15 to 20 seconds
Do not remove Riva Silver capsules from their foil packets until ready to use.
Store at temperatures between 4°C - 20°C (39°F - 68°F) for capsules and 4°C - 30°C (39°F - 86°F) for powder/liquid kits.
Use at room temperature between 20 ̊C and 25 ̊C (68F ̊ - 77 ̊F).
1. Light colour
2. Easy handling
3. Perfect for non-compliant patients
4. Great for core buildups
5. High early strength
6. High radiopacity
7. High fluoride release